Sunday, June 24, 2012

Brooklind under quarantine

So After Tuesday of Brooklind having a 102 temperature, Wednesday throwing up, Thursday a  rash on her butt, and Friday the rash ALL over I knew I needed to take her into the doctor to make sure it wasn't anything scary.
I suspected it might be that mouth, hand, foot virus going around and the doctor did confirm that it was just that. The only thing we could really give her is Tylenol if it was hurting her (the rash gets blistery is certain parts). When we found this out we knew it was contagious.
I spoke with a few friends that had to deal with this on their kids and I guess they are contagious mainly from 10 days from the onset. So Today is the 6th day, so we are just going to have to hangout at home this week again.
In the meantime she is acting totally herself. Besides those two days (Tuesday's fever & Wednesday throwing up). She itches at it ever so often and is swallowing fine. I guess some kids get the sores/rash really bad in their mouth near their throat. Thankfully Brooklind didn't get it so bad there. But now my concern is that we caught it, especially me being pregnant. So a lot of hand washing around here lately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That stinks! It's hard staying at home with kids, especially when they seem to be feeling fine. My kids get cabin fever really easily so when they get sick, we are ALL going crazy staying indoors!