Friday, June 1, 2012

Pregnancy update

I went to the doctor a week ago and everything checked out normal. The babies heartbeat was perfect and everything else looked good. My doctor gave me my results for my 19/20 week ultrasound from the previous week and everything is right no track. The baby is developing normal and on track. My fluids are good and everything is normal. What a relief!!! We were so glad!
I will be 21 weeks tomorrows. I am more than halfway there! YEAH YEAH!! Its actually going by a lot faster than the last pregnancy. I am also feeling the baby move alot more these days. I have felt some pretty goods kicks a few times too. Its so amazing that there is a baby in there! It still such a cool feeling.
 These pictures were taken at 20 weeks - my sister in law got me this awesome shirt.
So I am almost 21 weeks and I feel like 31 weeks. I have really been having to learn to take it easy. It is so hard to with a 2 year old that weighs 30lbs. I have had two incidents now where I have over done myself and had more than braxton hicks, so I have totally freaked myself out. The first one I had done alot of walking that day (probably about an hours worth) and that even I had some hard contractions that actually hurt. The second time was just this morning: yesterday I went to the beach and from walking from the car with Brooklind and walking on the sand to get to our spot on the beach was TOO much walking I guess. So this morning I woke up at 6:45am (after Stephen had already left for work) and I was having back to back mini contractions that were very uncomfortable). It went on for about  30 minutes so I went to the bathroom than starting down tons of water to get me hydrated. Than I just laid in bed on my left side to rest. The cramping/contractions finally went away. Thank goodness!! I was about ready to call the doctor and head to the hospital.
Of course now at this point I was having to pee a billion times, but I was grateful the contractions stopped. So now I REALLY need to learn to take it easy. I don't want them to have to put me on bed rest.

1 comment:

Ms. said...

I love that shirt it is awesome. I've gone through that too dehydration totally gives you contractions (I had the flu at the time and got that shot) but the peeing is a cumbersome side effect for sure. It was nice to see you Saturday! I vote on daily trips to sonic for you 2-4