Monday, July 23, 2012

Prego update

24 weeks 3 days
I just keep on growing!!! Everything is about the same. No scary contractions anymore because I have learned to take it easy. Not easy to do by the way. At my appoint July 1 I was told that I had only gained 8lbs so far in the pregnancy and that was really good!!! I had to go get the glucose blood test done which was not fun. I did the 1hr one first and failed it!!! Luckily my mom was in town so she was able to watch Brooklind because I had to go take the 3hr test (drinking the nasty orange soda stuff and getting 4 blood draws all within a 3hr period). I looked like a drug addict because of all the bruising on my arms. THANKFULLY I found out the same evening that I PASSED the 3hr test. I was so relieved!! 
Also I found out I was a little anemic so I have to take iron supplements now. This has happened in all my pregnancies, so it wasn't much of a surprise.

28 weeks 1 day
 Now I am 28 weeks and in my 3rd trimester! FINALLY!!! I am on the home stretch. I am just getting so huge so fast it seems like. And it all seemed like it happened overnight. I don't have my next appointment until August 13 so I will find out more on my measurements and such. With how big I am getting its really hard sleeping now. I can never get comfortable! I am up 3-4 times a night going pee as well which isn't helping. My body is soooo sore because when I am pregnant my sciatic nerves act up big time. Its really bad on my right now, but this last week I have noticed it starting on the left side as well. Other than all these usual pregnancies discomforts I am grateful to have a healthy baby so far, normal blood pressure throughout the whole pregnancy, and all of my other blood work come back normal. I just can't wait to meet our Baylee!!

No comments: